35 Watt Single Board NiMh UPS Solution
The V5SC-SER-UPS is a smart 35 Watt DC to DC power supply with +5VDC output. It includes a flash based microcontroller that supplies advanced power management, smart battery charger and an RS232 serial port. The V5SC is designed for low noise embedded computer systems, PC/104 size to fit in a PC/104 stack, has a wide input range of 6-40V (>6:1) and is ideal for battery or unregulated input applications.
- log runtime hours / log excessive temperature operation or shock and vibration/ log input voltage conditions and transient occurrences/ log output voltage and loads
- setup operating parameters such as maximum and minimum operating temperature
- ESN number to uniquely identify each unit
- utilizes a multi-stage charging for both the built-in batteries and the external batteries
- onboard power management function allows timed on/off control of the V5SC, notification of changes to main power and changes in the battery status
- a constant off-time current-mode architecture regulator provides excellent line and load transient response for the +5VDC output.
- heavy duty transient suppression up to 6,000 volts
- ripple reduced to below 20mV
- built-in 750mA-Hr 8.4V NiMh battery that is re-charged by the V5SC battery charger; able to provide XX minutes of backup based on X amp draw
- state-of-the-art MOSFET based design provides outstanding line and load regulation with efficiencies up to 95 percent
- supports external battery packs such as the BAT104-NiMh, or a non-PC/104 pack that is wired to the Battery Connector CN1.
- provides up to four stages of battery charging and can charge Lead-Acid, NiCd, and NiMh batteries and is also SMBus level 3 compatible. Charge currents are up to 1.5A, and battery charging voltages from 9.5 to 19.5V.
- specifically designed for vehicular applications and has heavy-duty transient suppressors (6000W) that clamp the input voltage to safe levels, while maintaining normal power supply operation.
- low noise design makes the V5SC ideal for use aboard aircraft or military applications or wherever EMI or RFI must be minimized.
- can be programmed to power off the outputs in 60 seconds, and then turn on again 12 hours later
- can be configured to meet almost any power supply and battery charging need for embedded applications, whether that be a simple +5V application, or providing power for back lighted LCD panels, or a full NiMh UPS (un-interruptible power supply configuration).
- all generated voltages are provided to screw terminals. The RS232 serial port is provided on a 2x5 row pin header.
- High efficiency
- Extended temperature operation
- Rugged design
- Transient supression
- Full UPS with smart charging
- PC/104 stackable
- Size (W x L x H)**** 3.55” x 3.75” x 0.55”
- Weight 6.08 oz/172.37 grams
- Temperature Range 0°C to +70°C
- Peak to Peak ripple <20mV
- Load Regulation <60mV
- Line Regulation +/- 40mV
- Output Temp. Drift <40mV
- Output Ripple 20mV
- Switching Frequency 320-330kHz
- Maximum Input Transient 125V for100Msec
- Efficiency up to 90%
Profiles & Software
Battery Charging Profiles
Contains the configuration of the power management, and the battery charging characteristics.
Please note the following profiles are in the hex file format.
||For Tri-M BAT104-NiMh 2100/2300/2500ma-hr battery pack
||For Tri-M BAT104-NiCd battery pack
||For Tri-M BAT104-SLA45 battery pack
||For Tri-M V5SC
||For Tri-M HPS3512 smart power supply
Smart Charger Utility Software
Frequently asked questions
Q. How do I get SCU to run under WIN2K or WINXP?
A. Windows "NT" based OS require an I/O driver such as Porttalk.
Q. How do I get SCU to run under Linux?
A. There are a number of approaches such as executing SCU.exe under the WINE enviroment.
Q. Is there an equivalent GUI for Linux as SCU for Windows?
A: Tri-M offers a GUI for Linux.
|SCU.exe Files and Manual V3.0.15
||Microsoft Windows based Smart Charger Utility (SCU.exe) Ver 3.0.15 software allows the User to configure and monitor HESC, V5SC and HPSC products
||Linux base Firmware uploaders for HESC-SER and HESC104+
||PC/104 size, In 6-40VDC, Out 35W Power Supply & Smart Charging with built-in battery pack, +5V, 750mA-Hr battery,RS-232, Serial Interface